As a business owner you know that marketing is a necessary cost of doing business. However, it can be easy to consistently funnel money into your business without ever seeing a return on your investment. Put simply, if your marketing Marketing Activities aren’t bringing you an ROI, then you’re wasting your money.
Below we illuminate four marketing activities that are great areas to place your sights on. Any activities that help to garner the following results will be money and time well spent.
1. Increasing Visibility
It’s going to be hard to stay in business if people don’t know you exist. Visibility is one of the most crucial aspects of your marketing strategy. Building awareness through both organic and paid methods is absolutely crucial if you want to reach new customers.
Common methods used to improve visibility include:
The more visible your company is to your market the easier it’ll be for your customers to find you. It’s a pretty simple equation, and one you’ll want to maximize fully.
2. Building a Cohesive Brand
By having a strong brand you’ll be able to communicate your value proposition in the clearest manner possible. Your brand is what potential prospects, and new and old customers, associate with your company.
It’s part differentiation and part feeling. As a result, building your brand can be a very time consuming and lengthy process.
In order to brand your company effectively think about some of the following questions:
- What feelings of you invoke in your customers?
- What unique benefits does working with you bring to the table?
- What associations do you want people to make about your company?
- What beliefs and values does your company stand on?
3. Authority or Expertise
Authority is often seen as the holy grail of building your business. It takes a lot of work, but it can be an incredibly valuable thing to build. By building authority you’ll be seen as an expert in the eyes of your customers, peers, and colleagues.
Like we said, authority is not an overnight process, but it can be accelerated by some of the following activities:
- Write a book. Writing a book will help to package up your expertise and grow your business.
- Guest post and be everywhere. The “be everywhere” strategy does take a lot of work, but it’s one of the quickest ways to build authority.
- Hold workshops and events. As a teacher you’re automatically seen as an authority in the eyes of your customers. Extend your reach by hosting in-person workshops and online events, like webinars.
4. Conversion Optimization
If you’re already getting a solid amount of traffic, yet aren’t seeing this traffic transform into new business, then you may need to fix your conversions. Without spending time testing and optimizing your conversions you’re leaving a lot of money on the table.
You might have all of your inbound marketing pieces in place, but if your website is full of holes, then you’re not doing your business any favors.
Check out a few ways you can help to improve your conversions and turn one-time visitors into fans and customers for life:
- Increase your use of targeting landing pages relative to the traffic you’re sending to each page.
- Split test each page on your site to tighten up your copy and messaging.
- Add case studies, testimonials, and other forms of social proof.
- Increase the speed and performance to your site, so visitors don’t have to wait for your site.
Ensuring every aspect of your marketing strategy is reaching its potential can take a lot of work. If you have any questions, or need any support executing your digital marketing strategy, then reach out to our team today.